This Years Theme is ‘Get Fit in the Garden’
For this year’s National Gardening Week we are asking gardens that normally charge for entry or are closed to the public, to join us and open their doors for free. We want to give as many people as possible the chance to visit them and experience the amazing gardens in the UK. –
Why don’t you run an event even make it a fundraising for your garden club / society?????
In the meantime, here are a few ideas to get you thinking for 2016:
- Get a few people together to transform or clean-up an unused or neglected space in your area (with permission)
- If you have a garden or outdoor space, hold a garden party and invite your friends and neighbours
- Hold a fundraising event to raise money for a local community garden or project. Hold a cake sale, a sponsored weeding marathon or a bring and buy sale
- Organise some family activities in your local park. Get children to make a paper pot and plant a sunflower seed inside. Run a mask making or face painting session with butterflies, flowers, bugs and beasties as themes. Make flower and leaf collages, herb teas or rhubarb jam
- Give out recipe cards, activity sheets or gardening factsheets from our Things To Do section.