- Source new speakers
- What is the best day & time for Gardening club to meet?
- How many Meetings a year to have? Some groups run September – May some run all year round?
- Annual membership fee or ‘pay on the door’ per meeting?
- Refreshments – are they served half way through the meeting or at the end?
- Run a Raffle at the meeting (the money from the ticket sales can pay for prizes or the hire of the village hall or where ever meetings are held)
- Do you run an annual day Trip?
- Visit Open Gardens?
Consider a plant swap table at your club meetings
Visitors who want to share their surplus plants with others for a small fee or if they bring a plant they can swap it for another that someone else has brought. Seed swap works well too!
The most important thing is to promote your group…..
Advertise…Advertise…..Advertise…… Online, Facebook, Twitter, What’s on websites, Not everyone is on the internet…… so local advertising with posters, local newspapers, village shops / noticeboard, library, Garden Centres, Florists, is just as important.
Use local newspapers to help promote your group & meetings
Opportunities to promote your group throughout the year at village shows, Fun days, fundraising cake / plant stall, Open Garden events.
Publicity stand at Annual Hobbies Exhibition